Tuesday 23 June 2020

Ik schrijf in Nederlands!

Here's a little break from recipes to share something else I've been learning over the last few weeks - Dutch! I started this June. I log into a website and go through lessons day by day. I also made a tracker on excel to remind and motivate myself to do a lesson (or more) as often as I can! I've also given myself a deadline (a couple of months) to really learn the language. So far, it's been extremely fun! Before starting, I looked on google to see what other people's experiences were, and it turns out that a lot of people found Dutch pretty easy, and that you can master it by studying for about 500 hours! Knowing this motivated me to really go for it. The first few lessons taught me basics - colors, numbers, common words, and gradually I started to learn how to put them together in sentences and have simple conversations. The lessons in the website I use are amazing - you get to hear how words are pronounced, and there are truth/false and fill-in-the-blank questions to check your understanding. I've been writing notes just so I can practice/recap the next day, and this has also helped me with spelling.  Almost everyday when Nuri comes home, I talk to him in the little Dutch that I learnt that day, and he is always extremely happy with the progress and my enthusiasm!

So I've decided to write a little blog post using words/sentences I've learnt from the 25 lessons I've done so far (probably not all, but just a little something). I wrote this by myself, and got Nuri to read it before publishing, so that he could correct some grammar. Ben je er klaar voor?!

Introduction 
Hallo! Ik heet Farzaneh. Ik weet...mijn naam is moeilijk! Ik ben zevenentwentig jaar. Ik kom uit Filipijnen. Ik heb kort zwart haar. Ik woon in ISR met mijn man, Nuri.  Ik woon op de vijfde verdieping van een apartement. In onze apartement, er is een slaapkamer. Ik heb een kantoor baan. Nuri werkt ook op kantoor. Wij werken zes dagen per week.  Tussen de middag hebben wij vrij van twalf uur tot een uur.  Deze dagen, blijf ik thuis. Soms gaan wij wandelen. Op zaterdagen, hebben wij vrij. Ik hou van het strand. Ik ga vaak naar het strand. Jij ook? Laten we samen gaan! 


Random conversations I've had with Nuri around the house:
Nuri comes home: 
  • Dit is mijn huis. Wil je het zien? Kom maar binnen. Welkom! (Yes, I jokingly said this to him once!)
  • Wat is in de tas? (excited for groceries!) 
  • Is het druk op kantoor vandaag?
  • Waarom lach je? Is mijn Nederlands grappig? Ik ben blij dat je blij bent!


Kitchen
  • Ik ga eten maken. 
  • Pas op met dat mes! het mes is scherp!
  • Wat is er met je hand? Doet je hand pijn? Okay, ik help jouw wel. 
  • De kip is lekker!
  • Wil je een kop thee of koffee? De koffee staat op tafel. 


When we go outside
  • Wij gaan naar buiten. Doe je schoenen aan en maak je riem vast!
  • Het weer is heerlijk vandaag. 
  • Wat mooi al die bloemen! Die bloemen zijn rood en oranje, de bladeren zijn groen. 
  • Het is zomer. Vandaag is het warm, ik blijf binnen. Binnen is het gezellig. 
  • Ik wil de chocolade wel kopen. Hoeveel kost het? Ik vind dat wel veel. 

Sometimes, I learn specific sentences, and I use google translate to change the sentence to suit my reality, but most times, I stick to what's being taught, because most of it is relevant. But there was one time something funny happened. I told Nuri "Ik zoek een huis met een tuin in Amsterdam voor mij en mijn zoon. Ik heb een zoon van 10 jaar. Wil je mij helpen? Bel me!" hahaha!

EXTRA!

Wij hebben een kleine kat! Zijn naam is Hatzi. Zijn kleur is wit en zwart. Hij is drie maanden oud. Hatzi is heel stout! Hij houd van spelen met onze voeten! Hatzi slaapt graag op een stoel. 
Nuri! Leg de kat neer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment