Saturday 9 May 2020

I'm Back!

Surprise Surprise!

It's been nearly two whole years since my last entry! A lot has happened... where do I even begin?!
Well, I remember posting that last entry to organize all my post according to themes/topics so that you could see everything in one go and let me know what you would like me to write about more! But I never got back to working on that because... I moved! And after I settled down, well...I just couldn't get back into blogging. My days in this new, wonderful place became very full - Apart from my primary service, I spent a lot of my time making new friends, exploring this place, taking classes in the evening, attending deepenings/talks, reading books and volunteering in other areas after my primary service. I was really set on maximizing my experience, which overwhelmed me with so much joy, and believe me, there were many times I wanted to open my laptop to share all the things I've learnt, but unfortunately I couldn't. My experience here has been very uplifting, spiritual, and very personal...and I really found it hard to put it down in words.

For example... this place where I currently live has beautiful gardens! I brought my DLSR camera with me here, but for a whole year I never took it out to take photos. In fact, because I wasn't using my camera, I sold it. I just couldn't capture the beauty. I just knew that no lens could capture the gratitude and humility I feel when I walk through the verdant gardens filled with the sweet but gentle scents of the flowers. I've had the opportunity to attended many inspiring deepenings and talks...I would bring a diary but the most I could note were in bullet points. Everything here just felt so overwhelming and wonderful that I just couldn't write about it. I would just listen and allow my soul be transported somewhere else. I knew all these would be things I'd just have to carry in my heart forever. No poem, photograph, diary page can do justice to the blessings and insights I've gained here.

But I never stopped thinking about my blog. I always thought that one day I would just feel that it's time. Now it does! In March this year I GOT MARRIED! I was bursting with energy and the zeal to write all about how I'm feeling, what I've been learning, and I started having all these ideas of projects with my husband, Nuri! For many people around the world, this corona-down time has given them an opportunity to finally pick on projects that we've kept on hold for so long and this is exactly what this is!

I also came to learn that my domain name subscription has expired so it's back to .blogspot.com and I had to edit all the old hyperlinks. Doing that made me go through all my previous posts and that was very inspiring! I got to remember all the things that I enjoyed doing and writing about. It was also an exciting chance to share with Nuri bits and pieces of my life before now!

I don't yet have concrete plans for how my blog will continue rolling, so we'll just take it one post at a time.