Sunday 25 June 2017

Fun Farm at Sta. Elena, Cabuyao

A few days ago, I went on a very spontaneous trip with some friends just an hour and a half out of Manila. We drove to Sta. Elena Country Golf & Country Club in Cabuyao, Laguna. 
The day before this, I was also at Laguna with my family, at our monthly get-away spot in Calamba. Here's a video of that fun rainy day:



As much as I love being outdoors and on adventures, I don't like surprises. I like being prepared...I always make sure to check the map, study the area, look at pictures of the place I'm heading to...but for this particular trip, I was absolutely clueless. I went over to a friend's house that morning to pick up another friend and head somewhere else, but when I got there, the host family invited both of us to join them. They told us we're going to a "farm"...but little did I know it was going to be a "fun farm!" yep, that's really the name of the place 


The Fun Farm is basically a nature park. There are obstacle-course games around the area (good place for company team-building). 


Since it's called a farm, of course there were animals. There's a little pond with ducks and swans... and a couple of cages with rabbits and hamsters - big and small! There was a huge sack of sliced carrots right beside the cages for you to take and feed the animals. There were also turtles and birds here and there. 

Then we walked to the other side of the farm where we rode:
zip lines

horses and ponies


and even a carabao!

Probably the widest swing I've ever seen. No, I wasn't relaxing/reflecting here... I was trying to catch my breath from all the climbing and running I did with the kids! 

Our last activity was fishing 


Watch my video on youtube: