Friday 23 September 2016

Olives & Cheese: four ways

Olives + feta cheese = Oleese! This is my second favorite snack (first is yoghurt & chips!) First time I tried this combination was in Sheffield - I found these Apetina packs in Sainburys & Tescos... I've always loved feta cheese...olives not so much, but the photo of the two together (on the packet) got me curious. So I tried it, and fell in love! 

One day I added some fresh spinach to the end of the toothpick, and that snack time ended up feeling like lunch time.

I remember the day I made this - sliced olives, with feta cheese in between, on a toothpick. It was a few days after Nawruz (new year/March 21) in Iran. I was tired of all the kebab and sweets from the festivities, so my idea of a healthy break was this!


 We brought feta cheese from Iran to Nigeria, and then I bought fresh olives from a Lebanese-owned store in town. No toothpick here - I literally ate these with my fingers.

 My most recent combination - feta cheese stuffed in pitted olives! This took some time to prepare, but it's absolutely divine! One bite into the olive and you taste the creaminess of the cheese!

As for backgrounds (veggies in the first two; garden plants in the second two pictures) - they were necessary, for the oleese to be instagram-pretty! hehe