Sunday 10 July 2016

Flooding in the Philippines: it's NOT more fun

I came across these pictures of the floods around where I lived in Manila. This happened every year between September and October. It rained in other months, but this kind of flood - only that time of the year. The worst was the first one I experienced back in 2009. Then on my last year there (2012) I did a little outreach to my neighbours.

cars submerged
buses and cars waiting on the bridge

Outside our apartment, men waiting with wooden rafts they built
(or whatever they wanted to call them). You get on that and they
push you in the water to wherever you wanted to go :)
Kids remained kids :)
My friends helped me make sardines sandwiches at home
distribution :) 
we prepared care packages in
the parking lot. noodles, soap bars, mosquito
repellants, snacks