Thursday 17 November 2016

I'm on Youtube!

I've been thinking about taking blogging to the next level, which is Vlogging! Over the last few weeks, I've been playing around with old videos and photos stored in my computer, with an inbuilt software - iMovie! It's been really fun putting clips together, trying to find the right music, playing with sound effects and captions! Most of the files are too large to be uploaded directly on this blog, so my only other option was to upload them on youtube then put the link here. So today I got all of them up on youtube!


From the most recent:

I dug out videos & pictures I took during my year of service in Lucknow last year, and put them together - from the crazy journey to and from school, to animating groups of 1000+ junior youths a week, followed by office work and yummy street food...to weekends with my neighbourhood Junior Youth group; sightseeing and wedding-crashing! 
The bonus part only CMS people would understand ;)
*Go through my blog archive on the right side of the page, for more blog posts about Lucknow!

Children's Class with the kids of Barangay 576, Sampaloc on November 1st 2016, as part of Manila community's celebration of the Birth Anniversaries of the Báb and Bahá'u'lláh. (Full story here)



I'm so glad I still kept these videos! Never thought I'd use them…until I recently got hooked on iMovie! Here I put together videos from last year's celebrations of the Twin Birth Anniversaries of the Báb and Bahá'u'lláh (which also fell the same time with Diwali - festival of Light in Lucknow, India.


Previous blog post on Festivals in Lucknow (click here)

2016 photos of Bahá'is all around the Philippines. Follow Baha'i Faith in the Philippines on facebook for updates! I prepared this to be be shown during the Twin Holy Days celebrations earlier this month.


Video for my blog post few months back: Memorizing Bahá'i prayers through chanting


I still have more videos I'm working on, trying to turn them into vlogs. It's hard, really hard - I still have A LOT to improve on, but I'm just enjoying the whole process because I'm learning something new! What makes this really fun is that there are just so so many possible angles for telling one story, so there's so much room for creativity and experiments! The latest upload (a Typical week in Lucknow) has been the hardest so far because I have a really wide audience (from different parts of the world) and I'm constantly thinking of them - how can I tell it simple enough for everyone to be able to relate to, but at the same time offering something unique for everyone. Hope you enjoy these few that I have so far. 
Will update you when the rest are uploaded. Or better yet, CLICK SUBSCRIBE on my youtube channel!! (just hit the red subscribe button at the bottom of any of my videos) Thank you!